My Photo Hunt #15 - Silver

Well now, this is a hard picture to find. I hunted all over my digital albums, and nothing! I missed last Saturday's Wild Theme, and it looked like I'm going to have to missed this one too.

Then I remembered my unexpected visitor last Wednesday. He would sometimes visit my front yard at night. I think he's silver, don't you? And he's definitely "wild" too!

I would have taken a picture of my visitor with my baby, but I wasn't confident enough that he wouldn't bite my child.

My husband took this picture below. He finds it wild because of the ice bridge in the middle bottom and the water still flowing in the center above it.



Grab the Photo Hunt code.
Join the blogroll. Visit participants.

22 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! I am amazed you got close enough to get such a good picture of the possum. He does indeed look very silver! Perfect!

The second photo is great too! :)

Lisa said...

Oh yes he is silver. Great photo - captures both themes of silver and wild.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Like they say: "2 birds with one stone." Wild and silver all in one. :) That's a really great photo your husband took.

I'm up too.

srp said...

We had a visitor like that in our back yard. I heard the dog frantically barking a different bark than usual but by the time I got out there, he had killed it. They can really be nasty when cornered.

Mine is up too.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! How'd you get its picture that close?

Anonymous said...

Wow - up close and personal!!! :-)

Great shots!

Ingrid said...

Something special for the interpretation of silver ! But what animal is that cute little silver thing ?
I found nothing else but classical silver stuff, I didn't even think about something else !

Anonymous said...

That's so cool you got so close to that opossum! I've never gotten that close to one to be able to take a great shot like that. Happy Hunting :)

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my....what a glorious closeup. Love it.

Happy weekend. My silver photo is posted

Daisy said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE him!

Anonymous said...

Wow a real live possum.
The most this city kid ever sees is a squirrel.
Now I'm thinking of being a kid and watching the Beverly Hillbillies - Granny Clampett was always working on a possum stew or pie. Tell Mr. Possum to watch out.
Both pics score kudos.
Thanks for visiting!

Lux said...

What a funny visitor! He's not a cat; I can't figure it out!

Great photo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great close-up of your silver and wild visitor! And that is interesting about the water flowing over the ice.

Thanks for stopping by my place. :)

Biker Betty said...

Yes, I'd say the possum is silver. What a great picture. We don't get them here. Like your wild pic too.

Have a great weekend,
Biker Betty :)

Andree said...

That's an amazing photo! The possum looks surprised, too! You managed to get that close! Great work.

Teena in Toronto said...

That's a possum? I didn't know what it was. Very intense, isn't he?

Mine's up too :)

T-girl said...

I can't believe you got that close to that thing to take it's picture!!!! They stink! LMAO NOT a huge opossume fan but... so if he wasn't a opossume I would say, "he is cute!" LMAO

Oh, and I like your new page but it is loading REALLY slow! I get everything but the posts up quick then takes a loooooong time for the posts to come up. Not sure if it is just a blogger issue or what but thought I would meantion it! I really like the layout though, very cute! Kind of Valentiny! LOL

Hugs- T

PastormacsAnn said...

Woah! Too cool. Yes he definitely fits both themes very well. Bravo. Nice job.

Am I there yet? said...

I love the possum! He looks so smart, and yes, definitely silver!

Girlie said...

I can't believe it myself. He was just there on the fence. I braved it because I think I heard someone said they're blind on daytime.

If there were wrong, I'll probably be having rabies shot now. LOL.

Girlie said...

My husband just told me that this possum is probably insane with rabies, or why else would he stay so still for the pictures?

He said (tongue in cheek) that it's really good I took my chance and took this picture because otherwise, he would have moved away if he wasn't insane and rabid.

What a sweet guy huh?

Uisce said...

omg that is so cute!!