My Receptionist

I am sitting here doing some stuff when the phone rung. I ignored it of course, I was busy. That's what answering machine is for. Or cell phone.

In the back of my brain, I am hearing:
"Hello"
"Uh huh"
pause
"Sure!"
"Mmmm"
"Uh huh!"
I got curious. It's my two years old doing receptionist duty between painting my walls and watching Little Bear.

I immediately grabbed for the caller-ID and found out it was the hospital calling. An appointment follow-up for DS1's allergist/immunologist. Imagine my two year old making a doctor's appointment for me, sounding almost mature.

We snag an appointment for Thursday after class. That's is great because I can pick them up from school and go kid-shopping afterwards. We haven't done an all-grown-up-kids-day-out in a while. Except for DS4 of course. He's tied to my breast.

3 comments:

T-girl said...

LMAO... if I could just keep baby J off the phone! She feels every phone is an opertunity to meet new people! Yesterday she picked up my sisters cell and started calling HER friends... I was really happy for once it wasn't ME fielding the return calls! LMAO

Anonymous said...

H,They all go for phones.He!He!He!.liked the pic( looks like peace)
Thanks for sharing.
Wish you well

Girlie said...

I remember my daughter when she was 19 months calling my sister in California. I was talking with my LIl Sis before. When I hanged up, she just walked over to the phone and hit redial on purpose and was chatting with my sister for a while. Not that she could talk then.