Eating with Lola

“There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one”
Jill Churchill
Today, my husband spontaneously suggested we share a family meal. Meaning my sister and her family, my mother and my brother who lives next door, and us. My sister just ate, and so, we went to see Lola (my mother) at her work by ourselves.

On the way, we picked up some Boston Market food. I didn't feel like cooking or baking anything just yet. I make some rolls and stuff, but I am not in full-steam cooking mode or is it mood?

I like it when we do stuff together. My kids love it. In fact, DS3 was all ready to stay and work with Lola. We had to drag him away while he screamed "I want Lola. I want to stay." Yes, he was very articulate because it's something he really wanted.

Here's some pictures we took withDH's camera phone. I forgot my "real" camera, but this one's not bad.



My daughter once told me that when she's grown up and have children, I'll be like Lola for her. What she really meant was for me to be there for her like my mother is for me. She's looking forward to it. So, here's hoping I am half the mother my Mama is.

4 comments:

T-girl said...

Aww me too! Isn't amazing how differently you look at your own mother once you have children? I don't know if it would be different if I had a son, probably, but having my daughter has made my mother and I so much closer. She is not perfect but I understand her so much better, and love her all the more. She does her best... even if occasionally... I want to tether her to a tree! LOL Maybe I can leave that part out for my daughter and I's relationship in the future! LOL

Sanna said...

Aw, that is so sweet of your dd. The photos are great and the whole thing sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Mel said...

What a wonderful thing to hear from your daughter. It's a commentary not only on your relationship with your daughter, but also on the relationship you have with your mother. That's awesome.
Hey, and when you said you took those shots with a camera phone I was surprised. Good quality pics.
(Thanks for stopping by my blog... do so as often as you like!)
:)

Girlie said...

T-Girl, this is so true! I understand what they said about 'you'll know when you have kids.'

Ale, thank you! I love it too!

Sanna, it was fun! We did have to chase DS3 a few times, and have to clean up the 3 corn breads which DS4 crashed and scattered on the ground, but it was fun.

Mel, yeah, those camera phones with 2 MP are quite good. It's a Sony-Erricson one.