My daughter got a play date on the last day of the year. She's so happy she could burst! Sometimes, I forgot how much she needed a friend her own age, and a girl at that. I have grown up with two sisters, so I forget that angst and longing of one who hasn't got a single one. I did gave her 4 little brothers, but it is just not the same. So here's hoping she get many more play date. Lots of restriction though. If you have 5 little children, you'll understand those. Unless you're of the braver constitution, in which case, you won't. There were lips colors, and nail polish, and picture taken by a camera-mad Mom, that's me. There were Build-a-Bear stuffed toys and long conversations, and some snacks made of spaghetti, butter and meatballs. Not my choice, they fixed themselves some. I just watch them. Parting is not as dramatic as the previous play dates, but they burn hours on the phone each week. My daughter has a life of her own!
Lots of events for our last day of the year.
DS3 had the worst constipation in ages! I used BabyLux by Fleet and still it took him hours to get it out. It reminds me of being in labor. How the pain ebbs and flows. It just breaks my heart. He's so exhausted, he falls asleep in between bouts of pain. We were ready to do some enema, when he gave birth to a golf ball-sized thing. No, it's not golf ball, but it does tell me that I need to sneak some prunes in his diet. Maybe a chocolate brownies with prunes instead of butter, or both! I'm making it in the next two days. He loves chocolate recently.
Here we are below after our walk. We managed to ambush an unsuspecting shopper to take a picture of us. DS3's asleep, but all of us are in it. I've been hankering for a decent family shot. Not giving up yet. Just because the kids' portrait is not at all going well, is not reason to give up on either. I am going to be stubborn about this one. In the meantime, you can see on those links about that it's really going to be an interesting journey.

Just so you know, we hardly let DS3 walk because of his inability to stay to the course. He likes to follow the bee pathway. If you have no idea what that is, just sit outside on some beautiful spring day and watch the bee fleeting among the flowers. You'll see what I mean. Still not picturing it? Here's another image for you...figure 8! We do let him walk sometime, in fact, this day he walked approximately two miles. He's a fantastic walker for his age. He's also obsessed with chocolates. I wonder if it's the chocolates he's been hunting and finding all over my house these last few days which exacerbates his constipation.
I'm getting ready to take my family out and walk in the mall. It's 33F outside, a degree short of freezing...so I better start bundling them up one and all. My heater seems to take a significant amount of time before heating up, and I promptly forgot to tell the mechanics when I had it in the shop on Saturday. Perfect!
Still, a little creature kept mumbling about "chocolate, Mommy!" I'll give you two guesses who!
9 comments:
Oh my word! There's a flooding of tears about chocolate now!
LMAO... well, chocolate is good!
I don't even want to think about my little one growing up! It will be here before I know it and honestly, I just want to keep her little forever, she is so funny and cute now... but other days I can't wait to get to the know the person she will become!
Lots of hugs- T
parang ang saya nyo ...kainggit ;)
Happy New year!!
Shosh, the photo is great. Looks like the wonderful happy family you are.
Love, Sanna
T, I feel exactly the same way. My daughter's nine, and I am a little sad too. She's no longer a baby, but she's still my adorable little girl. It's like I am anticipating the "empty nest"
Momsquared, yeah, the photo does look good doesn't it? I'd still one one of us posed...and one which had me coming out good too.
Manilenya, thank you. Yeah, we're happy. We just walked 6+ miles, so really tickled pink about that.
I can't figured out your nickname...is that because you like Manilyn Reynes?
Sanna, thank you!
Your daughter is very pretty. She reminds me of my oldest niece. She was also followed by two brothers and two cousins who were also boys before her sister arrived. :)
Soshana,
nyahahahaha well, let's put it that way na nga lang ... but aside from I was a big fan of Manilyn Reynes.... it is because I am manilenya....laking tundo po :) and I am using manilenya as my blog name too ....parang advertising my own blog name sa mga comment page :) how about you is Soshana your real name? my mother's name is Susana ... Susie ang naka tattoo sa right shoulder ng tatay ko :)
Post a Comment