Crispy Walk

The weather was crispy, which is more than I can say about the lettuce in my burger. OK. To be fair, I had refrigerated the sandwich after buying it, forgot to take it out when I nuked it, so it was really limps by the time I saw it.

I was bundled. I did have to shed off my parka for this walk. An extra 50 pounds is quite handy this time of year. In fact, I was just thinking that it would be great if I get fat in winter, and thin in the summer. I can save on heating bills, then on cooling bills respectively. Isn't that a brilliant idea? I think that was one of the times I was grateful to be fat.

It was 33F yesterday, and still it was a perfect day for walking. The sun was bright, and with bundles of clothing, it was like walking inside a refrigerator. The DS4 refused to be bundled, when I got him out of his stroller, his little hands were freezing a bit. DS3 was sleeping for a good 3 miles under tons of cover, so he was nice and toasty. The baby threw off his blankets, so he was cold, but happy.

DS3 here gleefully celebrating his freedom. I can't even take a decent picture, he was jumping all over the place! He fell in love with the pebbles above this thing. I don't even what that is, only that it really fascinated him no end. DH had to peel him off it with lots of offers about chocolates.

It's never boring when we walk. DS4 loves to stop and smell the roses, or examine anything for ages. DS2 loves to speed skate. Between the two of them, We are either picking someone up and running after another. Like I said, fun exercise. I don't think it has occurred to DS2 that if he really cranks it up, we'd be in the dust. I can't wait til I can take up running again. I could do a good 6 miles per hour with the way my kids are skating. I'm reminding myself that I am holding off because I'm still on milk-delivery duties. I love it, but doesn't mean I can't want the running too.

Below are DS4 and my DH. You can see he's kinda cold, but he keeps tossing off his covers.

We did 6 miles in two hours yesterday. And I get to spend time with my favorite people. :) I really like doing this. It takes commitment, and it takes time, but I think it's time well worth it.

9 comments:

T-girl said...

I am so proud of you and your walks... and Moms trip to Gymboree! My SIL works there... I have her go crazy for me! LOL

Girlie said...

Momsquared, it's hard to start at first, and the kids can get to you, but if you just keep at it, it's fun after the first few painful times.

I can totally see why you went nuts over those clothes. They are lovely! Too bad DD can't fit Gymboree anymore, and too young for other hip stores.

Girlie said...

T-Girl, thank you!

Oh, that is so cool! I love Gymboree clothes, but they're not exactly cheap...and I have 4 boys to dress. I think I spend a whole weeks income every day if I really let myself go. I try to stay away, really.

Can Momsquared and I adopt your SIL too?

Anonymous said...

i think that we should get out more often and take walks like you guys do. it's amazing that you can do these walks with your family - i only have one daughter...it should be manageable, right? it's just a matter of discipline. :)

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to walk with the whole family. I've been neglecting my daily walks lately. :(

Girlie said...

Momsquared, you are very smart to make C return it. It's been proven that it's very expensive for me to return anything. I seem to come out with more stuff that before.

I have to admit, their clothes are addictive! I haven't been shopping much lately. DS4 demands that I stay with him at all times, and I like the idea.

Girlie said...

Awww Momsquared, you are so sweet to say so. I go in waves. Evidently, this is the manic wave where I do all the stuff I needed to and the limit is only my baby wanting to be held a lot of times. DS3 also. He needs lots of hugs.

I think it's also the tax season. I notice I am more industrious during tax season.

Girlie said...

Kathy, I do believe it was really hard for me to walk when I have only one child. I cannot explain it. But with 5, it's like I have to go or go nuts...so we walk, try to at least 3x a week.

Niceheart, it's nice to walk with my family. I really like it. It's like a date with my DH too. It isn't daily, but we make it an appointment kind of event.

JO said...

wow! you've got 5 kids! how do you manage them? I have 2 and I feel like my hands are always full!

quality time well spent with the family!