What a Day!

DH and I just got home from a "real" date! I left my baby with my mother and he slept the whole time we went to see a movie SMOKIN' ACES. I don't understand why Ben Affleck got the top billing. There were too many "good" actors in there and not enough lines or time to develop any character. It was fun to watch though.

I was thinking the movie is a bit like PULP FICTION, and body count like FROM DUSK TIL DAWN, that Clooney/Hayek movie from way back when. I like the soundtrack towards the end. Really good music there.

Any time I get to snuggle in the dark with my darling is a great time. Did I mention that DS4 stayed home with my mother? I was leaking milk all over! My chest was soaked with milk (is it dairy if it's from human?) by the time we went out. Grrr, cold!

I am just remembering my DS3, who's potty training himself told me in a British accent - picture Oliver here in that soup scene...

"Mommy, it's a poop!"

Even if he didn't tell me, I can smell it already. The only thing about my potty training kid is he loves to go around in his birthday suit. I am positively tuckered out following him around putting his clothes on. I mean, really. What made him think that just because he's going to use the big boy's bathroom now, he has to go naked?!

He's got a sense of humor, this child of mine. He had figured out that smell gets to me. So, today, he held up his hand and said,

"Mommy, it's a poopy finger!"

then he'd laugh so hard he starts snorting.

DS4 took 4-5 steps today. He's showing off to my MIL who came by for a short visit on her way to work.

Now, every one's nice and snug asleep in their beds. We're not going to mention the few kids who have relocated and taken over MY bed. They're like kittens. They move in my bed at night and I wake up with multiple appendages on my face. How do I go about tossing them off my bed anyway? Any ideas?

4 comments:

T-girl said...

If you figure it out send the tips my way! I woke up last night to a FOOT in my forhead repeatedly pushing as if MY head on the pillow was in IT"S way of becoming comfy! Cute as that little foot is I wanted to rip it off of it's owner and smash it! I tried to move her back around to a "normal" possition but evidently I am missing out on the "feet on pillow, head on daddies butt" position that is sweeping the nation. Supposedly it is real comfy but the hubby get's too excited if I try it and I wake up with something else upside my head besides little feet! ROTFL

Hugs- T

T-girl said...

BTW- Karen- thanks for that link, I will have to try see if that works for us. lately Baby J is all about walking around in the birthday suit herself. Sigh... I really need to get serious about this potty training thing I know! LOL

Girlie said...

I guess birthday suit around two is The Fashion as fashion commands!

At some point when my DD was under 5, you'd think I'd signed up for nudist coloniest the way these kids were walking around in their birthday suit...not even visitors could induced them to get dressed.

House Dad said...

I reckon that everyone in the same bed is the best thing ever. I heard that recent reserach has shown that little people sleeping with their parent(s)is a very positive thing, as it makes the bonds stronger and the little people happier. Also I guess, one day they be looking to sleep in someone else's bed, so lets enjoy the comfort of our little people now, before they grow up and go out into the world.

A VERY tired House Dad, with fidgety son :o)