I am Bursting!

I am sad and excited all at the same time. My baby took 2-3 steps last night. Ever since, he kept making those little unassisted steps. He's clearly showing us he's ready to walk.

It's weird. I feel that when a baby walks, he stops being a baby. Technically, he's toddling. I am so proud! He's ten months after all. Still, I am a little maudlin about the fact that there won't be another baby after him...not until the grandchildren starts arriving. As my daughter loves to tell any one who cares to listen, "We are going to enjoy his babyhood. He's the last one!"

I took a video. It's a long video and I am hopeless at editing it right now. DD helped him some last night, and this picture was supposed to be DS4 walking, except I got the part where he went splat after his 2-3 tiny steps. My children walk around these ages...the earliest one being DD, who walked at 8-9 months. She would hold my hand and walk alongside me when we go shopping. That seems so long ago.

DS1 walked but we don't remember seeing him crawl very much. He's got a terrible allergy-induced eczema and we have to hold him all the time so he wouldn't peel his skin, he itched and scratched all the time. The few times we took our eyes off him, he bled from scratching. You can just imagine our surprise when one day, he wiggled out of my lap and took three steps towards the middle table. What a nice surprise that was.

So, here I am, writing down for the record. Later on, my memory won't be so good, and I'll have a hard time remember who did exactly what. DS4 walked short steps at ten months. I noticed that when I walk DS4 up and down the hallway, my back doesn't hurt as much as it did with DD. He's 31 inches tall. That's half my height. I think he's going to live up to his "tall and stately" second name.

11 comments:

Sanna said...

Shosh, when they start to walk they seem to grow up, right? That was the point when I think of baby boy more of a boy than a baby.

Sanna

ev said...

That's the pride that any mom would like to keep into record (in your heart and mind)..."the success while going thru some tough times of raising your kids..."

am sure masarap talaga maging mommy....ehem...hope one day, i'll get to experience that shan!hehe;0)

Airah said...

wow miss! i think that should be called a celebration.

hehe..

btw, i'm sorry about the juicy secrets tag. pass muna ako. ;)

about the new layout? seems fast to me. right, simplicity is the way to go. *smiles*

have a nice day! *hugs*

cheers,
aiRah

House Dad said...

That's so cool about your bub walking. xfbgbrhkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggffcvvvvvvvvvvjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjbbb
sorry jarvee got to the keyboard...lol

Girlie said...

MisbehavinAngel Sanna, glad you said that...I felt silly everytime I think of that..all five of them.

Girlie said...

Ev, thank you! Your turn will come Ev...and now, I am so tempted to match-make!

Airah, thanks for stopping by. How's the clinical? Ang busy mo kaya.

Girlie said...

Housedad, my baby's just walking, but your's bloging!

Hi Jarvee!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Congrats to your little baby boy on his first steps! I can't believe he did it already! Doesn't he know he's still a baby?!

Anonymous said...

wow probably i would also have the same reaction if my child will have his or her first step.

Anonymous said...

i remember the tv commercial of kodak... these are the moments... worth caoturing in photo or video

Anonymous said...

aww,i can relate so well,Shoshana..my youngest is already 7 and i still baby her,me and my hubby..and we keep on telling her,pls dont grow so fast...

i really like babies,kakalungkot nung lumaki na sila,and youre right,just wait for the grandchildren to come :)